AOPA Flying Companions Course
As a corporate member of AOPA, we are proud to offer the AOPA Flying Companions Course to our members. The course is aimed primarily at those who fly with private pilots who would like to participate more or just increase their confidence and enjoyment in flying. The course also includes how to approach certain emergencies and to recovery and land at an airfield safely as the result of a simulated emergency.
- Minimum total theoretical knowledge training hours: 10
- Minimum dual instruction hours: 8
- Course must be completed within 12 months
- No test required
- Satisfactory completion of the course will enable the candidate to obtain the Flying Companions Certificate from AOPA
- Whilst this course will teach candidates to use the radio, it is not sufficient training to hold a Radio Telephony Licence. Should the candidate wish to assist with the operation of the radio on a private flight, they will need to undertake further training to obtain the RT licence.
<Back to licences